Chairman, President & CEO, First Financial Bankshares, Inc. Chairman, President & CEO, First Financial Bank, N.A.
Scott Dueser has been with the First Financial family for more than 47 years, starting as a management trainee in 1976 with First National Bank of Abilene (now First Financial Bank, N.A.). He served as President and CEO of First Financial Bank Abilene from 1991-2001 and was named President and CEO of First Financial Bankshares in 2001. Mr. Dueser became Chairman of the Board effective January 1, 2008. His banking career began in 1971, as a bookkeeper for First National Bank in Breckenridge, Texas while attending college. He also worked as a teller at Plains National Bank in Lubbock, Texas while still in school. Following his graduation, Mr. Dueser became an assistant bank examiner at the Federal Reserve Bank in Dallas.
Mr. Dueser earned his BBA in finance and BBA in accounting from Texas Tech University in 1975. He graduated from the Southwestern Graduate School of Banking at Southern Methodist University in 1981. Mr. Dueser was awarded the Distinguished Alumni Award from Rawls College of Business in 2006, Southwestern Graduate School of Banking in 2013 and Texas Tech Alumni Association Distinguished Alumni in 2019.
Mr. Dueser serves on Boards of Texas Tech Alumni Association and Texas Tech University Free Market Institute, and he is chairman of the Board of the United Way of Abilene Foundation. He also serves as Chairman Emeritus of the Rawls College of Business Excellence in Banking Advisory Board at Texas Tech University, is on the finance committee of Holy Catholic Church, and is a charter board member of the Hendrick Medical Foundation. Mr. Dueser has previously served as the chairman of the Texas Tech University Board of Regents, the Texas Bankers Association, TBA’s BankPac, United Way of Abilene, the Cisco College Advisory Board and Day Nursery of Abilene. He has previously served on boards of the Texas Tech University Foundation, the American Bankers Association, Abilene Industrial Foundation, and the Cisco College Advisory Board.
- 1982 Outstanding Young Abilenian - Abilene Junior Chamber of Commerce
- 1985 Big Brother of the Year – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Abilene
- 1998 Humanitarian Award – Christian Homes of Abilene, Inc.
- 1999 Outstanding Volunteer Fund Raiser – National Society of Fund Raising Executives
- 2000 Volunteer Service Award – The United Way of Abilene
- 2002 Big Brothers Big Sisters of Abilene Vision Award
- 2006 Distinguished Alumni Award – Rawls College of Business, Texas Tech University
- 2009 Business Hall of Fame Charter Laureate – Junior Achievement of Abilene
- 2009 Outstanding Citizen of the Year – Abilene Chamber of Commerce
- 2013 Distinguished Alumni Award – Southwestern Graduate School of Banking
- 2014 Boy Scouts of America Distinguished Citizen Award
- 2014 Distinguished Eagle Scout Award – Boy Scouts of America
- 2015 Texas Bankers Hall of Fame
- 2019 Texas Tech Alumni Association Distinguished Alumni
- 2020 Named Community Hero by the Abilene Readers' Choice Awards
- 2020 F. Scott Dueser Chair for Excellence in Banking - Texas Tech Board of Regents renamed the Excellence in Banking Program Endowment
- 2021 Texas Heritage Community Banker - Texas Bankers Association
- 2022 Make Your Mark Award - Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- 2022 Chairman's Award - Abilene Chamber of Commerce
- 2022 Abilene Citywide Ushers Fundraiser Award - supporting young people's further education
- 2022 Spur Society Top Texas Tech Donor
- 2023 Excellence in Banking Advisory Council, Rawls College of Business, Texas Tech University Chairman, Emeritus in perpetuity